The memorial is situated on the first floor of the Isle of Man Courts of Justice building on Deemsters Walk Douglas.
Enter the building and go through security, turn left and you can either go upstairs or use the lift which is further over on the left.
Once on the first floor the memorial and QR code can be found on the far right wall towards the front of the building.
Manx Bar War Memorial, Douglas Courthouse
NGR Easting: 237974
NGR Northing: 475706
Description: Inscription reads as follows: "In Memoriam / Robert Elliot Allen / advocate / trooper / 9th Queens Royal Lancers / killed in action / near Ypres / 24th May 1915 / aged 28 years / Thomas Lewin / advocate / lance corporal / 5th Kings Liverpool Regiment / killed in action / near Armentieres / 28th February 1917 / aged 27 years / John Bell Nelson MC / student at law / captain / 125th Napiers Rifles / died of wounds received in action / near Beit Lid Palestine / 22nd September 1918 / aged 24 years / erected by the Manx Bar."
3 names listed by year of death;
First World War.
Grey-green slate with inscriptions in gold.
The memorial was unveiled by Sir William Fry, Governor of the Isle of Man, on Thursday 25 May 1922 in its original location of the Old Courthouse. It was moved to its present location in May 1979 when the Old Courthouse was demolished.
Memorial designed by Archibald Knox and executed by Mr Thomas Quayle of Douglas.
Information provided by the Isle of Man Government Preservation of War Memorials Committee.
Image courtesy of Chris Blyth, Isle of Man Photographic Society.
Courtesy of Manx National Heritage via the link at imuseum.im.