The plaque was designed by Archibald Knox and it was placed on the wall of the house where the great Manx poet was born. Since the house was demolished the plaque has been kept by Manx National Heritage.

The place where T E Brown was born was the old grammar school in Douglas and then it became St Matthew’s Hall from 1882 until it was demolished in the 1930s.

See the two photographs below.